Thursday 26 January 2012

My Favourite Highstreet Swimsuits and Bikinis of Spring/Summer 2012

So, I've been looking online at as many highstreet stores as I could think of for a new swimsuit/bikini and I thought I'd share my favourite finds. I'm not going to put them in any favourite order, but I will put them in price order, from low to high. And some of the prices are pretty steep, so I'll just explain why I like them.

Next Aztec Print Swimwear Padded Underwired Bikini
Top: £15, Bottoms: £12
I think this bikini is pretty stunning, I adore the print and the halterneck. However, the reviews on the website aren't so great. But for how it looks, and the price, this seems wonderful to me.

ASOS Vintage Floral Triangle Bikini Top
Asos Vintage Floral Triangle Bikini
Top, £18
Bottoms£12
To be honest, I actually don't know why I chose this one in particular. I guess I do like it, but it doesn't stand out to me as much as the others. I like the colour and the price though!
Whole bikini: £28.00
I just think this bikini is beautiful. I love the colours and the aztec look. It's an alright price. Also, I adore beaded bikinis.


Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Palm Print Cut-Out Swimsuit
Swimsuit: £29.50
This swimsuit just seems so seasonal and pretty to me. It looks like a bikini from the back, and has great reviews. It looks to me like it would shape a body perfectly, and don't get me started on the stunning colours!

Swimsuit: £30.00
I don't think I'd wear this swimsuit, but it really stood out to me. I love the originality. First of all the print looks quite interesting, the shape seems quite athletic and flattering and it seems to have some kind of buckle detail on the shoulder. It's slightly expensive but now that I've looked at it lots I think I would wear it. It's not your typical 'sexy' swimsuit but I like it.

Swimsuit: £32.00
Oh my goodness! How stunning is this swimsuit? This, to me is just the epitome of summer. Orange is one of my favourite summer colours. The only thing I would say is to be careful when wearing reds, pinks and oranges in summer because it can accentuate your tan or burn. I cannot get over this swimsuit, so pretty! Also, the bow detail would probably be very flattering.

Image 1 of ASOS 50's Cross Front Textured Bikini
Top: £18
Bottoms£15
I love vintage style swimming costumes, with high waists and flattering necklines. I think the colour's interesting  and this reminds me somewhat of the movie 'Psycho', because of the shape of her underwear in the film compared with the swimsuit.

Marks and Spencer Medium Leg Leopard Face Print Swimsuit
Swimsuit: £35.00
For some reason I can't post a picture of this, however if you click the link you should be able to see it. This is  a really untraditional, strange looking swimsuit, and not one that I would buy simply because it seems far too overpriced. However, I love this 'Big cat face' trend and I this swimsuit just jumped out at me.

Swimsuit: £35
This is a backless swimsuit, and provides a perfect cover up for flabby tummies I would imagine. I think this would be very confidence-boosting and flattering swimsuit to wear. It just reminds me so much of the Special K adverts! So, so pretty. However quite expensive.

Swimsuit: £175.00
So, I know what you're thinking! £175 for a supposedly 'Highstreet' brand swimming costume? I know, it's a ridiculous price. But I think it's really pretty and if you're willing to pay, would be a great investment.

Image 1 of Karen Neilsen Clam Bake Button Bikini
Karen Nielsen Clam Bake Button Bikini
Whole Suit: £215
£215. Ridiculous, I know. I just saw this on ASOS and found it stunning. It boasts a halter top, bow detail and panel at the front. This is just beautiful to me. I would never ever buy it though. Unless I was incredibly rich. But yeah, I think it's very pretty.

So, that wraps up my list of favourite swimsuit picks of the highstreet!


No comments:

Post a Comment